Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Maintain Sunset is closing after 5 years but will reopen in the middle of summer 2011

5 Years ago I was working as a full time artist making good money and living a great life style. And although my life could not have gotten better it did. After realizing that painting excessively would ultimate lead to my demise as an artist I decided to take a break and open a small shop called MAINTAIN. My idea was simple, create a place of business that borrowed from my child hood passions, skate boarding and graffiti art and build a communal space where like minds can meet and generate positive energy. Maintain by definition means to: to keep in existence or continuance; preserve; retain: There are many ways that we all Maintain and for me my small shop was it. It enabled me to stay afloat long enough to reach my next level of evolution. The moment has come to finally say good bye to our old location. As of Monday the 31st of January our Sunset location will be officially closed.

There is no need for tears or sadness for we will still be in existence at our Cypress Park Location. And we will be moving our Sunset location and reopening it again in the middle of summer 2011.

I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to all of our supporters over the 5 years of Maintains existence. Without your support Maintain would not be what it is today and I would not have grown and evolved as a person. I am so lucky and
privilege to have been able to meet serve and befriend all of you. Thank you to all of you and please don't forget to MAINTAIN.


Please continue to visit us and support at 2643 N. Figueroa Los Angeles, Ca. 90065

Peace,

Alex Rodriguez
Owner/Servant


I leave you with a few memories from this past 2010 year and will be adding more pics during the week.










No comments:

Post a Comment